At Sea Salt Marketing, we believe that transparency is fundamental to a good relationship with our clients.
With that in mind, we have put together the following terms and conditions which we hope will assist our clients understand how we approach the business side of our work.
We don’t need terms and conditions for the creative side of what we do !
- Sea Salt Marketing (“SSM”) is a registered trading name of Amanda Cordner.
- SSM will keep its communications with you as informal as possible. However, any time a major decision is made, SSM will confirm that decision in writing to the email address you have supplied.
- If the email referred to in point 2 does not record what you thought had been agreed, you will notify SSM by return email within 2 business days of receiving SSM’s original email, stating what you thought had been agreed. If you do not do that, we will act on the basis that the agreement as we have recorded it in our email to you is correct.
- As a client of SSM, you can expect us to keep confidential any personal or business details made available to us by you as part of any project for which we are engaged.
- SSM reserves the right to publicly identify you as a client of ours, but not the details of any project on which we have worked, unless you notify us by email that you do not wish to be so identified.
- It is a strict condition of our agreement to assist you that all information provided by you to SSM is relevant to the project, has been lawfully obtained, is accurate and is complete.
- In the event there is a dispute about the fees charged or the adequacy of the service provided by SSM and such dispute has not been able to be resolved informally by SSM and you after a period of 2 calendar months after such dispute arose, both SSM and you agree that such dispute will be resolved by a binding determination of an arbitrator appointed by the Institute of Arbitrators (Australia) and the costs of such arbitrator will be borne 50% by SSM and 50% by you.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, SSM will send you a tax invoice for the services rendered by it to you within 7 days of the completion of your project. Payment of the tax invoice will be made by you within 14 days of receipt. In accordance with the tax laws of Australia, GST will be charged to you as part of our account.
- When billing you, we will charge our time in accordance with whatever basis has been agreed at the commencement of the project. That may be “per hour”, “per item” or a set price for the particular project. Any out of pocket expenses we incur on your behalf will be charged back to you at cost to us, i.e without any margin or mark up.
- We will not charge you for:
- the transmission cost of local telephone calls
- the transmission cost of local facsimiles
- postage that does not exceed $5.00 per item
- administration time
- stationery items
- couriers to destinations within metropolitan Melbourne
- photocopying documents of less than 100 pages
- We accept payment by cash, direct banking credit, credit cards (but not Diners Club or American Express) and bank cheques. We do not accept personal cheques in payment of our accounts.
- If an account rendered by us remains unpaid one calendar month after it is sent to you, we reserve the right to cease all work on all of your current projects until that account is paid.
- We reserve the right to charge interest on any amount outstanding from the expiration of two calendar months from the day the account was sent to you. The interest rate will be the “Cash Target Rate” as set by the Reserve Bank of Australia from time to time, plus two (2) percentage points. The Cash Target Rate may be found on the website of the Reserve Bank of Australia (rba.gov.au/statistics/cash-rate).
Suspension or Termination
- Our clients may suspend or terminate our engagement, with 30 days notice, by the giving of notice in writing by email. If that occurs, we will render an account for our services provided up to and including the 30 days the suspension or termination comes into effect.
- We may suspend or terminate our engagement by you if in our sole assessment you or any person closely associated with you has engaged in any activity (including but not limited to all forms of social media communication) which we regard as dishonest, unlawful, racist, sexist, discriminatory on the grounds of religion or age or gender or sexual orientation or otherwise in contravention of the ethics by which SSM operates.
- If it becomes apparent to us that we have a conflict of interest in acting for you on a project, we will immediately ring you and confirm the position in writing by email. In such situations SSM will not charge you for its time and effort, but may seek reimbursement of its out of pocket expenses in accordance with clause 8 of these terms and conditions.
- We require your reasonable co-operation and assistance over the course of the project. SSM reserves the right to terminate the engagement if our capacity to deliver an accurate and professional service is hampered by your delay or failure to provide information or instructions that are essential to the proper completion of the project.
My agreeing to the quote, I acknowledge that I have:
- reviewed and understood the terms and conditions set out above;
- the necessary authority to enter into a binding legal agreement either on my own behalf and/or on behalf of the entity nominated on the quote;
- understood that by accepting the quote I have created a binding legal agreement;